Demand for three-dimensional surveys of terrain and infrastructure is on the rise and needs to comply with ever rising requirements. It is therefore important to collect the data professionally and efficiently. The helicopter offers the perfect platform for a wide variety of LIDAR systems. It can achieve a high point density, while scanning large areas.
Valair partners with end consumers and remote sensing experts alike and handles the installation and dismantling of various LIDAR systems on our helicopters proficiently.
Depending on the required system and area of operation, we offer flights with our piston engine helicopter R44 (where we use a unique heli basket), as well as our turbine helicopter R66 (where the system is installed on a nose mount or in the cargo hold).
Besides many others, Valair is proud to have completed the following surveys:
- Swisstopo – Overall survey of Ticino
- Swissgrid – Powerline grid
- NEAT – Construction site survey
- ASTRA –Northern bypass of Zurich
- Bergbahnen Zermatt, Skiarena Andermatt Sedrun for improved snow management
- SLF – Swiss Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research
Do you have a project that needs to be realized? We are looking forward to hearing from you and are happy to offer our assistance.